Day Two: Exploring Breakfast Food

The goal of today was to explore different types of breakfast food. We learned the proper way to make a couple variations of eggs, including poached, scrambled, sunny side up and a few more. We also made pancakes, potatoes and sausage/bacon. Our head chefs, Jessica and Avril lead us through making all of these dishes. We were able to use some of the knife skills that we learned yesterday when cutting up the potatoes, which means that we can already see the impact of the skills we're learning. Personally, I found today's lessons on food preparation extremely useful, because of how I often I make eggs and pancakes for myself. I am excited to make these dishes at home now that I know the best way to make them. The energy and teamwork in the kitchen is really good to see, and I think it has a big impact on the outcome of the food. I think it will be especially prevalent tomorrow when we are making steaks, which everyone is excited for. Today's activities provided all of us with valuable lessons on how to make a good whole breakfast.

Comments