Day 6: Shrimp Etouffee

Today we made Shrimp Etouffee Grits and biscuits. Each of these were cooked individually so my group decided to split up for the day.  Two of us handled the baskets as they had a lot of precision and preparation that they required and had regularly scheduled breaks throughout the cooking process. The rest of my group started of the grits and this was the group I was in. 
For the grits, we mixed in cream and half and half, as well as water butter and lets not forget, grits. After starting this cooking process, I then separated to start cutting the veggies for the shrimp. Once Sayer rejoined me, after taking care of the grits, he and I finished the veggies and after the main veggies were done I took them and started sauteing them as Sayer minced parsley and chopped garlic. After adding the etouffee and shrimp mix to these veggies and cooking we were able to take a break while the rest of my group finished the biscuits. 

For the biscuits we were told to be sure that the butter did not melt or get to hot as simply got mixed into the dough. To accomplish this the dough was repeatedly placed back in the fridge to cool it back down. In the end it worked out perfectly, the butter helped to excellently make the flakey. The final product was amazing and went together perfectly and was delicious.

Comments